Molds common to our area are microscopic organisms found virtually everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are very tiny, light-weight, and easily-detached by airflow, vacuuming, walking on carpet, or sitting on a couch. In indoor environments mold spores grow in carpets, hardwoods, walls & any porous materials. They produce and release millions of spores, which are small enough to stay airborne, threatening to invade the human respiratory system.
In large quantities molds can cause allergic symptoms similar to those caused by plant pollen. Mold growth can often be seen in the form of discoloration, ranging from white to orange and from green to brown or black.
In order for mold to grow, it needs food sources (such as leaves, wood, paper, or dirt), a source of moisture, and a place to grow.
When people think of toxic mold, they most often refer to "Black Mold" or stachybotrys. This greenish-black mold can turn up on materials that have had prolonged periods of moisutre. It produces a mycotoxin that causes mycotoxicosis, and is thought to be the cause of "sick building syndrome." Although it is not as common as one might think, the toxicity of mold can also be dependent upon the individual and their sensativity level or immune system. While one individual might have no symptons to one type of mold, that same type may make another individual extremely ill.
Mold can be found in many areas of your home: attic, bathrooms, basement, bedrooms, kitchen, living room, garage, carpets and hardwoods. In essence, it can turn up everywhere.
Do not panic. Do not disturb the area where the mold is. Call Carpet Care Plus immediately for mold removal and remediation. Our trained professionals are equipped to remove the mold from your home in a safe and cost effective way.